Saturday, May 22, 2010

The Adventures in London

I went on a trip to London not too recently and ran into an elephant. I know, kind of interesting, you would expect to run into one in India, Africa, Asia, or maybe even in a zoo in DC but not just wondering around in the capital of the British Empire. He introduced himself to me as Bingko (kind of a weird name but also a weird seeing an elephant in London). Bingko started to tell me about a secret to living forever.
From London

Now how naive do you think I am, really I am not buying this but he insisted that elephants are known for their intelligence. I looked it up on my iPhone and he was right, Wikipedia says, "Elephants are a symbol of wisdom in Asian cultures and are famed for their memory and intelligence." He told me that my quest would start to the gates just south of him where a queen lives.
From London

There would be the Angel Victory who would be able to point me into the direction of the secret to living forever. So off I went on my quest towards the gates. Now I am not sure if I stayed in this reality or not but things did seem a bit odd. I mean, for starters, I saw carriages mixed in with the cars as I came to the gate talked about by Bingko. This is turning out to be a magical land; as I forgot that I was just talking to an elephant.
From London

Well I came to a busy intersection and saw a man on a beautiful horse. I tried to ask the gentleman for directions to the Angel victory but he was too busy worrying about something else that was going on. All the sudden the horse answered the question, this is getting a little out of hand but such is things in London. He told me this angel could be found in front of the palace but to be careful because around here the guard constantly changes and he would hate to see a human get caught in the mix up.
From London

Well I noticed a group of dark suited individuals protecting the palace and all seemed to be normal.
From London

Well all seemed to be normal, that is until I heard a band coming from the distance. Taking the grey horse's advice into consideration, I hid behind the gate to see what is going on. To my surprise, a bunch of red suited guards started to storm the palace accompanied by a band.
From London

From London

From London

Well the guys in the funny hats I guess were so intimidating that the black guards quickly relinquished their posts and appeared to beg for their lives. How impressive!!
From London

And with that the palace was theirs!
From London

It would appear that this victory was nothing to be proud of, there was no bashing and clashing of swords and shields, there was no close calls or heroic acts of bravery. Just a simple intimidation that you would see from the neighborhood bully against the nerdy kid. Nonetheless, they decided to celebrate with triumphant songs being played by their band as if to show their supremeness.
From London

Well, once the guards relaxed a little, I snuck passed the gate and found a beautiful gold angel. I assumed she was the Angel Victory (though I know how dangerous it is to assume something) and asked her to enlighten me on her wisdom. Come on, an angel named Victory would have to be a pretty smart bad apple angel to get that name.
From London

She told me to head off into the forest of Hyde, pass the fountain (she warned that the fountain of life was way of course and not to fall for it even if others would) and find the little boy who talks with fairies. He would be the key. Well I have gone this far staring death in the face (come on, guys with bear hats can be frightening) I might as well go all the way. So I went into the forest . . .
From London

After dodging a few ducks and pigeons, making my way past an empty speakers corner where I was told could have been a place of dangerous debate but they must have been on a tea break (you know they really shouldn't be drinking tea anyways). Then I saw it, a place where there were people of all ages, and most of the young ones were partaking of the water.
From London

This had to be it, the secret to never dying. Look, it was so easy, the fountain of life. All I had to do was walk around in circles in this fountain and all would be good. WAIT, no this was too easy and the Angel Victory warned against it. So I decided to not partake. :(
From London

After a bit more walking and trying to find the boy with some fairies, I started to wonder if Bingko just pulled my chain. Just then I came up on it. Fairies talking to animals. I have got to be close.
From London

There he is, playing the flute with fairies all around him. This is the secret, but how? I saw an inscription that said Peter Pan. Second star to the east and straight on till morning!
From London

I found it, this is great, I will never let death touch me. I could stay young and never grow up. I can keep from growing old. This Is Epic.
From London

All I have to do is never grow up, I mean really how difficult could this be. Well after following the adventure of an elephant, I think I need a refresher. Hmm. . . A berryilicious drink :) I think we can call today a successful day!!
From London


**Note, all places are real though some of the events might have been brought on by intense heat that is not usual for English weather. I cannot be held responsible for anyone that attempts to follow this trail**

No comments:

Post a Comment